- Korean Symphony Orchestra is an institution which contributes to the development of the national arts culture through symphonic performances and trains talented people in the field of performing arts.
- With pride in our cause, we strive to become a world-class symphony orchestra loved and trusted by the public through ethical and transparent management.
- We try to achieve our missions through creativity and ambition. Also, based on high-level ethical values, we do our best to handle businesses with a fair attitude, prevent corruption, and establish a clean environment for public office.
- We provide our audience with the best service and focus on a customer-first policy through management based on customer satisfaction and openness to new values.
- We respect the personalities of each individual executive/staff and prohibit any kind of discrimination.
- We actively participate in pro bono activities and contribute to the development of the nation and the society by creating new values.
Codes of Ethics
Chapter 1 General Rules
Article 1 【Purpose】
- The purpose of the Codes of Ethics (to be referred as “Codes”) is to provide executives and staff with the standards for right decision making and ethical judgment and help them follow the ethics charter.
Article 2 【Subjects of Application】
- The codes are to be applied to every executive and staff working at Korean Symphony Orchestra (to be referred as “KSO”).
Chapter 2 Basic Ethics of Executives and Staff
Article 3 【Basic Ethics of Executives and Staff】
- ① Executives and staff should always have an honest and faithful attitude with pride and self-respect as the members of KSO.
- ② Executives and staff should try to maintain and develop their personal dignity and the honor of KSO with high ethical values.
- ③ Executives and staff should follow the related laws and regulations for their carrying out duties according to their conscience.
Article 4 【Accomplishment of Missions】
- Executives and staff should accomplish their missions with originality and faithfulness by sharing the management ideas and visions of KSO and following its goals and values.
Article 5 【Fair Execution of Duties】
- ① Executives and staff should follow the related laws and regulations in order to fairly execute their duties.Executives and staff should not execute such unethical or illegal actions as unfair instructions, introductions, requests and privileges that can hinder the fair execution of their own or others’ duties and be criticized by the society.
- ② Executives and staff should not execute such unethical or illegal actions as unfair instructions, introductions, requests and privileges that can hinder the fair execution of their own or others’ duties and be criticized by the society.
Article 6 【Avoidance of Interest Conflicts】
- ① Executives and staff should try to avoid any action or interest that conflicts with the interest of KSO in regard to the execution of their duties.
- ② Executives and staff should preferentially consider the interest of KSO when there is a conflict between the interest of KSO and the one of each individual or department.
Article 7 【Prohibition of Acceptance of Unfair Profits】
- Executives and staff should not give or receive any money or valuable or treat that can hinder fairness beyond the range admitted by socially-accepted norms in regard to their duties to or from any related party.
Article 8 【Separation of Public and Private Matters】
- ① Executives and staff should clearly separate public and private matters in regard to their duties.
- ② Executives and staff should not cause any harm to the properties of KSO by using the properties or budget of KSO for private purposes.
- ③ Executives and staff should not spend any of their working time for their private matters or carry out any inappropriate activity, including playing online games or visiting gambling or pornographic websites, which can disrupt their work.
- ④ Executives and staff should not get involved in any work other than those of KSO with the purpose of making profits without the permission or approval of the president of KSO.
Article 9 【Interactions between Executives and Staff】
- ① Executives and staff should follow the basic manners required at work and not carry out any arrogant action or speak evil of other executives and staff, which can make them suffer.
- ② Executives and staff should not form cliques or discriminate others based on one’s educational background, gender, religion, blood ties or region of birth.
- ③ Executives and staff should not provide each other with any unfair request or excessive gift against socially-accepted norms or get involved in financial transactions.
- ④ Superiors should not provide their subordinates with unfair instructions, while subordinates should follow the fair instructions given by their superiors and refuse any unfair instruction.
- ⑤ Executives and staff should not carry out any action that can cause sexual temptation or humiliation between them.
Article 10 【Sound Life】
- ① Executives and staff should maintain their natural attitude and break vanity, while keeping frugal necessities of life and sound leisure activities.
- ② Executives and staff should try to establish a sound culture for family events and not notify any interested party of such events. The money and valuables for family events should not exceed the socially-accepted standard.
Article 11 【Transparent Management of Information and Accounting】
- ① Executives and staff should fairly and transparently obtain and manage every information, while accurately and honestly recording and managing such information as the one of accounting records.
- ② Executives and staff should not leak the information obtained in regard to their duties to the outside or unfairly use it without the prior permission or approval of the president of the institution to which they belong.
- ③ Executives and staff should not make any false or exaggerated report for the interest of a certain individual or department. Also, they should not cover up or monopolize any important information.
- ④ Executives and staff should publish the management information according to the related laws and regulations in order to increase the clarity and credibility of management.
Chapter 3 Ethics towards Clients
Article 12 【Respect for Clients】
- Executives and staff should regard clients as the reason and goal for the existence of the institution. Also, they should always respect the clients and think in their shoes, while considering them as the first standard for every action.
Article 13 【Client Satisfaction】
- ① Executives and staff should accurately identify clients’ demands and expectations in order to always try to provide them with the best service.Executives and staff should always listen to clients’ opinions and suggestions and accept them in a humble way. Also, they should deal with any complaint given by clients as quickly and fairly as possible.
- ② Executives and staff should always listen to clients’ opinions and suggestions and accept them in a humble way. Also, they should deal with any complaint given by clients as quickly and fairly as possible.
Article 14 【Protection of Clients’ Interest】
- ① Executives and staff should protect clients’ properties, intellectual rights, trade secrets and personal information in a more valuable way than the one related to the properties of KSO. Also, they should not harm clients’ interest by carrying out any immoral activity.
- ② Executives and staff should accurately and quickly notify clients of any information which they should know or have the right to know.
Chapter 4 Ethics towards Business Partners
Article 15 【Compliance with Transaction Regulations】
- Executives and staff should comply with the laws and regulations applied in the subject country or region in regard to their execution of every business and sales activity, while respecting any internal or external business transaction custom.
Article 16 【Pursuit of Free Competition】
- Executives and staff should respect the market economic order according to the principles of free competition and pursue competition in good faith fairly with the related organizations based on mutual respect.
Article 17 【Fair Transactions】
- ① Executives and staff should provide every qualified individual or organization with equal opportunities in regard to the bids or conclusion of contracts for the construction, service or purchase of goods carried out by KSO.
- ② Executives and staff should fairly and transparently carry out every transaction on a mutually-equal position in a usual work site.
- ③ Executives and staff should not use their superior positions in terms of transactions, ask for money and valuables, enforce any unfair transaction condition or interfere in the management among other unfair demands.
- ④ Executives and staff should enter into and follow an integrity agreement when concluding every contract.
Chapter 5 Ethics towards Executives and Staff
Article 18 【Respect towards Executives and Staff】
- KSO should regard each executive or staff as a person with dignity by showing trust and affection towards the executives and staff. Also, KSO should respect their religious or political opinions and private life.
Article 19 【Fair Treatment】
- KSO should provide executives and staff with equal opportunities according to their individual abilities and talents in regard to training and promotion. Also, KSO should fairly evaluate and compensate for the results and achievements shown by the executives and staff. There should be no discrimination based on one’s gender, age, religion, region of birth or physical handicap.
Article 20 【Human Resource Development and Creativity Promotion】
- KSO should actively support the development of the abilities possessed by executives and staff in order to help them become more creative. Also, with the goal of promoting the original and autonomous ways of thinking and carrying out actions for the executives and staff, KSO should establish the conditions that can help them to freely make suggestions and show their opinions.
Article 21 【Improvement of the Quality of Life】
- ① KSO should establish the system that can help executives and staff to carry out their duties with a fair method. Also, KSO should try its best to help the executives and staff to achieve their pride and feel rewarded through the execution of their work.
- ② KSO should establish the work environment in which executives and staff can work pleasantly and safely. Also, KSO should actively develop and apply such programs as those related to the health, education and well-being of the executives and staff and their families, which can be used to improve their quality of life.
Chapter 6 Ethics towards the Nation and the Society
Article 22 【Contribution to the Development of the Nation and the Society】
- KSO should try to actively support executives and staff’s participation in society activities and make a contribution to the cultural and economic development of the local society.
Article 23 【Prohibition of Unfair Political Activities】
- ① KSO should not get involved in politics in any unfair way. Also, KSO should not provide any politician or election candidate with illegal donation or expense.
- ② KSO respects the personal political views shown by executives and staff. However, the executives and staff should be careful to avoid making such views of theirs be mistakenly regarded as those of KSO.
Article 24 【Safety and Prevention of Danger】
- Executives and staff should try their best to follow the regulations and standards related to safety and prevent any disaster or dangerous situation.
Article 25 【Harmony between the Labor and the Management】
- Executives and staff should keep in mind that both the labor and the management are the owners of the institution. They should try their best for their co-existence and prosperity based on trust and harmony.
Chapter 7 Supplementary Rules
Article 26 【Duties and Obligations for Compliance】
- ① Every executive and staff should be fully aware of the related principles and responsible for the violation of such principles.
- ② The president, the director and the team leader should manage and supervise whether their subordinates follow the principles.
Article 27 【Operation of Principles】
- ① The president should constantly supplement, develop and operate the contents of the principles based on the development state and the environmental change of the institution.
- ② The president should follow the principles, while all the specific standards of judgment and the processing procedure and its operation, which are required for executives and staff’s maintaining integrity, should be separately established by the codes of conduct.
- Supplementary provision -
- ① (Enforcement Date) These codes are to be enforced from December 1st, 2013.